Skip to content


Warringah has a proud history dating back to 1935 when the first nine holes (the current area north of Kentwell Road) were opened as the Warringah Golf Course. The Warringah Golf Club was formed following a public meeting in September 1936. The formation of the club was enacted based on an initial thirty six applications for membership, 19 Full Playing members and 17 Associates. Based on the support of public players, the capital was accumulated to fund the clearing of the area south of Kentwell Road to develop the second nine holes which were opened in 1939. The first President of the club was Mr. G. D.MacNab. Through the late 1950’s significant work was done to raise the level of fairways and establish new tees and greens. In 1968 a night practice range was established however due to declining patronage this was closed in 1977.

After only two years of the club’s existence, the land where the current clubhouse stands was purchased and the first clubhouse was constructed and opened in April 1939. After the Second World War, membership increased significantly and a decision was made to extend the clubhouse building with these extensions opening in 1949. The current clubhouse was built in 1968 and has had renovations and extensions carried out over the years with the last of these being done in the 2000.

The club celebrated its 80th Anniversary in 2016 with a series of events in the September of that year.

In recent years the golf club has experienced some challenges including the possible loss of a portion of the golf course to be the site of the new Northern Beaches Hospital. Fortunately, this did not eventuate. The golf club and course continues to be one of the most popular courses for social golfers in metropolitan Sydney with approximately 60,000 rounds played along with 22,000 rounds of members competitions played each year.